Employee Views on “Life at Giroud”
What is life really like at Giroud? We asked our team members to share their thoughts on why they chose our Company and what they like best about it. After you check out the videos, be sure to take a look at the actual comments from more of our team members.
Team Member Videos: “Why Giroud?”
Comments from Giroud Team Members
Several Team Members share their thoughts on working at Giroud. The date after each name shows when each person joined the Giroud team.
- “When I graduated from Penn State in 1997, my focus was a job that I could grow with and a company I could have a career with. Almost 21 years later, I can say that I am 1 of the people who love their job and work for a family that truly does care not only about their employees but also their customers. I started as a Spray Tech and tree crew worker and have been an Arborist Sales Representative for 18 successful years. As Giroud grows, I plan on growing with them.” Rob Nagy (1998) Arborist Representative; BS Wildlife Science/Minor in Forestry, Pennsylvania State University; ISA Certified Arborist.
- “I knew just from the job posting that Giroud was a different kind of company. After 6 months of working here, I can validate that for a fact. It’s hard to find a company that genuinely cares about their employees. It is gratifying working for someone who makes you feel appreciated and allows you to be yourself. There is always someone willing to lend a hand whenever you need help. From the laid back working environment, where the President of the company, Lou sits and has lunch with you and cracks jokes to the comradery between co-workers to get the job done right, coming to work every day is not a struggle. It is a privilege. It is also great to know that not only does Giroud value its employees but they truly treasure their customers. Customer’s total satisfaction is a priority here at Giroud. For all these reasons and more, I am proud and honored to have been chosen to work at Giroud.” Monica Santos (2014) Administrative Assistant; BA Human Development and Family Studies Pennsylvania State University.
- “I love this company because they are dedicated to perfection. Working for Lou, I couldn’t ask for a better man to work for.” Rob Poley (1993) Arborist Representative; ISA Certified Arborist
- “It’s a company where you’re a person and not just a number. A place that cares about their employees beyond the scope of the job.” Bernadette Nolen (1993) Vice President of Operations; AS Accounting, Philadelphia Community College.
- “I have had a wonderful experience with Giroud. It was very pleasant from my interview day until now. I enjoy coming to work everyday and being greeted with a smile. I thank Giroud for this opportunity and will continue to do my best for this company.”Doug Muth (2005) Tree Care Manager/Crew Leader; BS Landscape Management, Pennsylvania State University; ISA Certified Arborist.
Opportunity, Benefits and Bonuses
- “Steady work with a steady rate of wages.” Bill Santry (1989) Crew Leader/Top Climber
- “I have been in the work force for many years. Also, I have had many good jobs in my time, (good pay) (nice bennys) (401k’s) (health ins) and that’s all good. As a seasoned vet, I think what makes this not just a good job or place to work but a great job is the people I work with and I work for everyday from the top down: Lou Giroud and his family, Bern, all of the office staff, sales and especially all of my co-workers. You could not find a better group of people to work with everyday and that means a great deal to me.” Tim Hubert (2011) PHC Technician
- “Giroud is a successful company with a stable work environment. Always up to date with the latest technology and advancements in the industry. They are willing to teach you if you are interested.” Mary Ellen Stedeford (1999) Bookkeeper
- “I don’t know of another company that would take a shot on hiring a kid out of high school and educate and train him like this company did with me. I started as green as you possibly could be to now holding the title of Plant Health Care Manager. There’s always something to learn and Giroud is always willing to educate. Rodney Stahl, Jr. (2001) Plant Health Care Manager