Over the last week, our area has experienced some intense storms with high winds. When the sudden winds gusts blew through at over 50 mph, some local homeowners suffered property damage from falling trees and large, heavy branches snapped off and crashed down. Thankfully, Giroud is always available for emergency storm damage calls. Read on to see what happened with trees on two properties, in Hatboro and Ambler, PA, and learn what you can do if you experience emergency storm damage in your yard.
High Winds and Falling Trees
The recent storms with high winds caused problems for homeowners all over our area. In Ambler, a huge branch at the top of a tall Maple Tree snapped off and crashed onto a neighbor’s fence. Giroud Crew Leader, John Weggel, used a Backyard Bucket to maneuver into the tight space behind the pool in order to carefully remove the deadwood that remained at the top of the tree.
When the high winds whipped through Hatboro, a leader on a large Oak Tree snapped away from the main trunk and crashed down onto a house. The homeowners called on ISA Certified Giroud Arborist and Vice President, Drew Slousky, for an emergency inspection. Crew members Josh Dorr, John Weggel, and Flavio Zequeida brought in a crane to safely lift the massive tree from the roof of the home. Unfortunately, the rest of the tree could not be saved.
Can Storm Damage from High Winds Be Prevented?
While it’s impossible to predict the next storm, there are actions you can take to greatly reduce your risk of tree damage. We know that when trees and shrubs are inspected on a regular basis by an ISA Certified Arborist, they have a fighting chance against stormy weather. Your Giroud Arborist can spot hidden dangers that may not be obvious to you! He will assess each tree and shrub , and then make recommendations to address any issues:
- Tree root systems can be fertilized to strengthen the roots and make them better able to withstand soaking rains and high winds.
- Cracked trees can be bolted or cabled to ease the pressure from heavy limbs and leaders.
- Branches can be pruned to prevent property damage and injury to people below from falling deadwood. Pruning also promotes healthy growth going forward.
- Treat insect or disease problems before they cause serious damage and weaken your tree.
What to do in an Emergency
If you experience an emergency on your property, Giroud Tree and Lawn can help! We always have an Arborist on Call. Dial 215-682-7704, day or night!
Being proactive is key to keeping your property and loved ones safe!
The only way to know for sure that your trees and shrubs are healthy and safe is to have them closely inspected by an ISA Certified Arborist. Giroud Tree and Lawn offers FREE inspections all year long, and you can trust your arborist to have the tree service knowledge and experience required to successfully diagnose, treat and maintain the health and beauty of your trees. All Giroud Arborists are required to meet the following standards:
- Extensive Field experience: Performing all types of tree service and/or lawn care to our exacting standards for at least 3 years.
- ISA Arborist Certification: Achieving ISA Arborist Certification which is awarded by the International Society of Arboriculture after passing a 12 part exam developed by the nation’s leading experts.
- Continuing Education: Earning a minimum of 30 credits every 3 years to learn the latest techniques and research.
- Commitment to Giroud Values: Receiving top ratings from our clients for honesty, integrity and outstanding service.
It all Starts with a Pre-Storm Property Inspection. Call 215-682-7704 to schedule your FREE appointment today!
How Giroud Can Continue to Serve You During the COVID-19 Crisis
If you are worried about your trees, shrubs, or your lawn, give us a call to schedule a FREE inspection with your ISA Certified Giroud Arborist. During the outbreak, your Giroud Arborist will continue to be available for Property Evaluations. And, our Crews will complete your services on time to ensure your trees and lawn stay healthy and safe. The only difference will be that we won’t be able to meet with you face to face. However, we are always happy to talk by phone. This will keep you and our employees safe!